Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I make a reservation?
Call 800-707-2582 (alta) or send an e-mail to email@example.com
The reservations office is open seven days a week from 8 am until 8 pm MST during the winter season, with business hours daily during the rest of the year.
2. What is the deposit requirement?
An initial deposit of $1000 per room ($150 per dorm space) will be charged at the time of booking. The deposit balance (totaling prepayment in full) is due 30 days prior to arrival, and you agree that Alta Lodge will charge your credit card for this balance at that time. For reservations made 30 days or less before arrival, prepayment in full is charged at the time of booking
3. What is the cancellation policy?
* 30 days or more before your reserved arrival, you may cancel your reservation, and we will refund your deposit less a $50 per room cancellation fee.
* Within 30 days of your reserved arrival date, your deposits are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation or shortening of your stay, you agree to pay for all rooms and nights in your confirmed reservation(s). Your deposits will be applied toward this amount.
* Due to the small size of Alta Lodge and the limited availability of winter dates, we strictly maintain our cancellation policy. We encourage you to cover your reservations with travel insurance at the time of booking.
4. How do I get there from the airport?
We encourage our guests to use Alta Shuttle for door to door transportation to/from Alta Lodge and are happy to make reservations on your behalf. The current fare is $74 per person, $54 per child 11 and under, round trip. Please contact us at 800-707-2582 or complete the online shuttle reservation form. For more information, please refer to Getting Here.
5. Do I need a car?
A car is not needed – everything you will need is right here in the Lodge – and a car is not recommended due to limited parking. The potential for heavy snow storms while you are at Alta is greater than at most ski areas, so eliminating driving is a worthwhile consideration. If you do drive, snow tires are required and during snow storms, chains or four wheel drive may be required.
6. What if I arrive after the dining room is closed?
The front desk can have the kitchen hold pasta with marinara sauce for you. Or you can exchange the dinner you missed for lunch the next day without a charge.
7. What are check-in and check-out times?
In winter, check-in time is 1 pm and check-out time is 11 am.
In summer, check-in time is 2 pm and check-out time is 12 noon.
8. What are the front desk hours?
Winter Front Desk hours are 6:30 am to 12 midnight. If you will be arriving after hours, please let us know; a key can be left at the desk for guests arriving late. In the event of a night emergency, night desk staff may be contacted.
9. Do you have televisions?
In keeping with the tradition of mountain lodging, we do not have televisions in the guest rooms. We do have one large screen television in the Deck Room, as well as a television in the Kids’ Room.
10. Do you have internet access?
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the Lodge. A Lodge computer with a printer is also available in the Deck Room for guest use.
11. Do you have laundry facilities?
Guest laundry facilities are available on the lower level of the Lodge.
12. Can I send my skis ahead of time?
Skis can be shipped in advance via UPS or FedEx to:
10230 E. State Hwy. 210
Alta, UT 84092
13. Is babysitting available at the Lodge? If so, what is the rate?
Lodge employees are available to babysit during their off-work hours. The rate is $15 per hour for one child; for additional children, add $3 per hour. Advance notice is recommended.
14. Do you have a bar?
The Sitzmark Club is a classic ski bar located in the original building of the Lodge, which dates back to 1940.
15. How much are lift tickets?
For Alta lift ticket prices, click here.
16. What are the winter lodging service charge and taxes?
A 15% service charge is added to all winter lodging rates and dining room charges. Tipping is not expected in the Lodge.
Taxes in Alta are: Lodging: 13.67% · Dining Room and Bar: 9.6% · Retail: 8.6% (effective Oct. 1, 2018)
Please note that the 15% service charge on dining and lodging is taxed at the tax rate applicable to the dining or lodging (as required by Utah law).
17. How do I get to Snowbird?
Snowbird is only a mile away from Alta Lodge and public transportation is offered from the door of the Lodge to Snowbird. Skiers who buy the Alta-Snowbird pass can ski to and from Snowbird when the ski connections are open (the connections may be closed during storms and late in the day). Also, we are always happy to shuttle guests in the Alta Lodge van within the Alta and Snowbird resort areas.
18. Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed at the Lodge. Dogs are not allowed in Alta or anywhere in Little Cottonwood Canyon, because the area is a protected watershed. (There are a limited number of dogs licensed to residents under Alta ordinance.) People bringing unlicensed animals into Alta are subject to citation and large fines, and the Alta Marshal enforces this strictly. Please visit the town’s website for more information:
www.townofalta.com/faq_dogs.php . Alta Lodge makes every reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities, and we do accommodate service dogs that guide or perform a task for a person with a disability. Please inquire with us in advance if you require a service or guide dog.