Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I make a reservation?
Call 800-707-2582 (alta) or send an e-mail to email@example.com
The reservations office is open seven days a week from 8 am until 8 pm MST during the winter season, with business hours daily during the rest of the year.
2. What is the deposit requirement?
To secure your reservation, there is a $1,000 deposit per room. For dormitory rooms, the deposit is $150 per person. Full prepayment may be required at a later date, and this is detailed upon booking and confirmation.
3. When is the final payment due?
Final payment is due upon check-out.
4. What is the cancellation policy?
- 30 days or more before arrival, you may cancel your reservation, and we will refund your deposit less a $50 per room cancellation fee.
- Within 30 days of your reserved arrival date, your deposit is nonrefundable. In the event of cancellation or shortening of your stay, you agree to pay for all rooms and nights reserved, and your deposit will be applied toward this amount.
- Please consider buying travel insurance.
5. How do I get there from the airport?
We are happy to arrange a shuttle from the airport to Alta Lodge via Alta Shuttle. The 2015-2016 price is $37 per person each way, $72 round trip; kids 11 and under are $52 round trip, $27 each way.
6. Do I need a car?
A car is not needed – everything you will need is right here in the Lodge – and a car is not recommended due to limited parking. The potential for heavy snow storms while you are at Alta is greater than at most ski areas, so eliminating driving is a worthwhile consideration. If you do drive, snow tires are required and during snow storms, chains or four wheel drive may be required.
7. What if I arrive after the dining room is closed?
The front desk can have the kitchen hold pasta with marinara sauce for you. Or you can exchange the dinner you missed for lunch the next day without a charge.
8. What are check-in and check-out times?
In winter, check-in time is 1 pm and check-out time is 11 am.
In summer, check-in time is 2 pm and check-out time is 12 noon.
9. What are the front desk hours?
Winter Front Desk hours are 6:30 am to 12 midnight. If you will be arriving after hours, please let us know; a key can be left at the desk for guests arriving late. In the event of a night emergency, night desk staff may be contacted.
10. Do you have televisions?
In keeping with the tradition of mountain lodging, we do not have televisions in the guest rooms. We do have one large screen television in the Deck Room, as well as a television in the Kids’ Room.
11. Do you have internet access?
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the Lodge. A Lodge computer with a printer is also available in the Deck Room for guest use.
12. Do you have laundry facilities?
Guest laundry facilities are available on the lower level of the Lodge.
13. Can I send my skis ahead of time?
Skis can be shipped in advance via UPS or FedEx to:
10230 E. State Hwy. 210
Alta, UT 84092
14. Is babysitting available at the Lodge? If so, what is the rate?
Lodge employees are available to babysit during their off-work hours. The rate is $15 per hour for one child; for additional children, add $3 per hour. Advance notice is recommended.
15. Do you have a bar?
The Sitzmark Club is a classic ski bar located in the original building of the Lodge, which dates back to 1940.
16. How much are lift tickets?
For Alta lift ticket prices, click here.
17. What are the sales tax rates?
Dining Room and Bar: 9.35% · Lodging: 13.1% · Retail food: 6.35% · Retail: 8.35%
Please note that the 15% service charge on dining and lodging (in lieu of tipping) is taxed at the tax rate applicable to the dining or lodging.
18. How do I get to Snowbird?
Snowbird is only a mile away from Alta Lodge and public transportation is offered from the door of the Lodge to Snowbird. Skiers who buy the Alta-Snowbird pass can ski to and from Snowbird when the ski connections are open (the connections may be closed during storms and late in the day). Also, we are always happy to shuttle guests in the Alta Lodge van within the Alta and Snowbird resort areas.
19. Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed at the Lodge. Dogs are not allowed in Alta or anywhere in Little Cottonwood Canyon, because the area is a protected watershed. (There are a limited number of dogs licensed to residents under Alta ordinance.) People bringing unlicensed animals into Alta are subject to citation and large fines, and the Alta Marshal enforces this strictly. Please visit the town’s website for more information:
www.townofalta.com/faq_dogs.php . Alta Lodge makes every reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities, and we do accommodate service dogs that guide or perform a task for a person with a disability. Please inquire with us in advance if you require a service or guide dog.